Butlers Hill Infant and Nursery School (our feeder school)
Butlers Hill Infant School
We have a very strong relationship with Butlers Hill Infant and Nursery School, who are our feeder infant and nursery school. We work very closely together to ensure we deliver a smooth and successful transition for chidlren in Year 2 who will start at Broomhill Junior School in Year 3.
Our partnership with Butlers Hill allows us to share resources, time and costs.
The benefits of this partnership include:
INSET training days
- To provide the highest quality training to all staff.
- Share the cost of training events.
- Share good practice.
- Fire Safety
- Health and Safety
- First Aid Training
Cross Phase Moderation of Writing
- This allows staff to moderate writing for the Year 2 children before their transition from Butlers Hill Infant School to Broomhill Junior School. It enables consistency,to ensure that progress and attainment are accurate.
Shared School Minibus
This allows us the freedom to give children a variety of new educational experiences. It has allowed us to take children to sporting events and on a wide range of trips including:
- Lawrence Severn & Son Butchers
- University of Nottingham
- The Holgate Academy
- National Church of England Academy
- Reward trips for Star of the Week
- Year 6 Leavers Trips
- Educational day trips to Rufford Country Park, Sherwood Forest, Nottingham Castle and many more.
- Residential trips to Kingswood and Hathersage.
Shared staffing resources
- Joint Site Manager and Assistant Site Manager
- Family SENCO
- Parent Support Advisor
We provide all the children at Butlers Hill Infant and Nursery School and Broomhill Junior School with the opportunity to attend our Breakfast Club. Please see the link below for more details.