Broomhill Junior School is situated in approximately five acres of ground. Whilst most of it belongs to Broomhill Junior School, the site is shared with Butler’s Hill Infant School and the Children’s Centre.
In our grounds we have lots of different opportunities for children to learn, experience and also have fun! These have been developed to teach the children life skills, support our creative curriculum, encourage independence as well as support children in more unstructured times during the day. In our grounds we have:
- A double decker bus that can be used as a learning space. It is used for art therapy, reading as well as a reward for excellent behaviour.
- A trim trail for children to use at playtimes and also as part of their P.E lessons.
- Quiet areas for children who want peace and quiet at playtimes.
- Raised beds for children to grow our own school fruit and vegetables. We have also got a greenhouse, fruit bushes and our own orchard
- Our own all weather astro-turf.
- A large, fully grassed football pitch.
- Outdoor sensory area.
- Our own Broomhill Farm! This has included cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys, geese, ducks and sheep. The children help care, feed and look after the animals.